My cruelty free series are on today, with this quick 10 brands, which are not cruelty free, but I thought they are so it is might be a bit shocking not just for me but also for you. I am not going to talk about MAC or NARS (which used to be cruelty free), neither the most common drugstore brands, like L’Oréal – Bourjois- Rimmel or high-end brands, like Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder or Dior ect. which are all sell in China.
Here is the list:
- Yves Rocher: I am might be too naive, but I was on the way of thinking as they do not test on animals because they are natural, parabens free ect. but I just come to realization they do as selling in China. Alternative brand: The Body Shop or Lush.
- Shiseido:I was might a bit mixing as a Korean Brand, but Japanese Shiseido do test on animals because of their Chinese market.
- Bioderma: French pharmacies brand’s Chinese website is not so hard to find… so question: what will be their Sensibio H2O alternative?
- Claudalie: Since I trying to go cruelty free, I am really on a searching side… I wanted to try their Mist as an alternative of MAC, but I have found no no.
- Glamglow: I was so waiting their new products to launch in Hungary, until my friend came home from China with a Glamglow mask…
- Khiel’s: it is the American pharmacies company, with Chinese retail … opss
- L’Occatine: the first sight was sawing their product at duty free stores, then researched and boom… it is the same as Yves Rocher- natural but sell in China
- Vichy: some as NUXE, La Roche-Posay or Bioderma:
The only possible exception is if regulatory authorities required it for safety or regulatory purposes.
- Artdeco: German high-end brand also sells at China, even in Europe they most not test. Brand instead: Zoeva or Misslyn
In generally I can admit, even if they are natural based or pharmacies safe brands they do test on animals if it is required by the law, which is true for the Chinese market, which offers more profit than to be ethnical for most of them. As well as I would be grateful if Chinese Government would change that law.