As you might know I have just started to do a kind of minimalism in my life, which contains a healthier and more experience focused life. In my January post I have promised to share my “Regrets to buys”, so here we go:
- Pre-prepared spices and food: these are really unhealthy, expensive and you can do it on your own, why to waste money on them? If I do not have time to cook I rather eat out or order or just eat some fruits or veggies… only one exception: if we are ona ski holiday.
- Clothes that does not meets my criteria: if you have read some of my previous posts I did changed my mind like a year ago, so I rather have less and buy quality instead of quantity. I still have to declutter, but my wardrobe nearly reached the perfect status.
- Tons of cleaning products: as our flat is relatively small, we do not store up a lot of chemicals, now we only have: toilet cleaner, universal cleaner and a glass cleaner. All of them are ecological!
- Wipes: on a daily basis I do not use cleansing, makeup remover or toilette wipes, these are useful for travel but no need at home.
- Non-Cruelty free beauty products: I think I do not need to explain, here are my posts in this subject: MAC alternatives, skin care, Bobbi Brown alternatives, Getting cruelty free
- Useless home decor: the nice little things, which do not fit or do not add any value to my home, like:
- An extra one of something: we do only have 2 sets of bed-clothes, one bathroom rug set, 4 kitchen clothes ect. these are enough, do not need more sets of changing.
- Washer dryer: I really love the smell of the freshly washed clothes and our flat is so dry so I love to hang them for the night and press them afterwards. Of course it is more environment friendly too.
- Pens and notebooks: since I am not at school I do not need tons of it and colorfulness- I admit some of them looks so good-, there are always some for free or giveaway with some magazines or get it as a gift.
- Takeaway coffee in use-once-only mug: I do not really go for takeaway, but if so I have a really nice Starbucks travel mug, which I usually carry with me.
I know I still have a lot to do in this topic, we ought to act soon as the human living is getting unsustainable and there will nothing left for theupcoming generations… so what are your regrets to buy?