I hope you are well, one month has been passed from 2020 and I am proudly presenting my first low buy update.
Thankfully my overall salary was more than I was written as a minimal monthly salary, so I have saved 22,17% of it.
The needs (50% of salary) category I was rethought and here is what I put into it:
- Utilities: Gas, Water, Electricity, Common cost, internet, bank and mobile.
- Raw materials of food: these are everything which I have purchased at grocery stores to eat and cook from.
- Food that I have spent in our work buffet (the prices are pretty low, sometimes even lower than making for home sandwich)
- Public transportation monthly pass: I live in a big city so I need to have it during the winter, as it is too cold for cycling, but any taxi, excursion or car sharing goes to my wants category.
- I have not purchased any house cleaning, neither basic hygiene products this month.
So it took my 32% of the salary.
Wants is the most requested area, so these are my monthly rules for the year:
- One fresh beauty products per month! Try to pan!
- One in and one out skin care, body and haircare products.
- One new addition to my closet per month: including clothes + maximum 6 shoes and accessories!
- Magazines and books: books I must not buy until of 6 will be read from my bookshelf, while magazines I will strict to one per month.
- Gift cards and gifts are exceptions- finally I will have a wishlist for my birthday and nameday.
- Only one treatment is allowed per month: beauty salon, massage, hairdresser etc.
- Keep a no buy day per week.
- Do decluttering per seasons.
My fresh beauty products of the month- AKA my haul of January, 2020:
Skin care product: FARMACY- Dew It All Eyecream. So technically I was paid and ordered it in December, 2019 but it is just arrived in the middle of January, so I decided to rather take it into this haul. This is a product, which Youtube made me to buying same aspect: Niki Sky(Canadian Luxury Youtuber) ,where she was mentioning that she struggles with dark under eye and she is just a few years older than me, so also has same issue with the first sign of aging. In the other hand I was looking for an eyecream for so long, which is CF, Mineral oil, parabens, fragrance free… So far it looks it is great and works much more well than my previous one…
Makeup: Becca – Under Eye Brightening Corrector. Same issue: my under eye, I used to love that concealer for it and as a eyeshadow base, I was decided to put it to my basket at Cultbeauty during the sales so it is just arrived too. And yeah how I could have forgot it? 12/1
Accessories: Furla Glasses. It is really hard to categorize whether it is a need or a want… I need to have a glass, because I am suffering from near-sightedness and I was choosing with ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect lens as I am working with computers all the time, but of course you can buy much cheaper glasses. OK, I decided to choose by the style, how it is fits instead of the price. And thankfully it was on my employee’s discount and I can give and account to my private health fund, which gives a 20% tax refund. 6/1
Clothes: I did not buy any Yeah… but swap a pulover with 2 dresses 12/0
Magazines: I just bought one, which is two as Elle and Marie Claire was packed together (January- February issue) for the price of one Elle. 12/1
Treatment: face cleansing treatment with Hévíz Mud 12/1
I have decluttered with remixshop 5 clothes of mine and 2 of my husband’s one. Used up some of my make up: The Body Shop: Fresh Nude Tinted Beauty Balm, Mini MAC Chili lipstick, Trend It UP: Lipoil + my eyecream and my face cream
Charity: this month Les Clefs D’Or event was also a charity ball, I have dominated to Australia rescue and also was involved into a campaign like last year about the mestrual poverty.
So the total was spending 31,17 %, which is a bit high however the glasses was only a must in this month.