Today post I want to talk about how to update your wardrobe, how to achieve to have a cohesive style on a budget. I was always jealous to a lot of women how chic, femine and beautiful they are and I always looked at myself as a grey mouse: I can not afford it, I cannot do it.
I was totally wrong…
I was stuggled to dress up, when I saw myself in the mirror in my 50 EUR Zara dresses I was pissed off . So I have started to read, to watch and to search for a solution: I have read Anushka Reiss The curated closet book and she teach a lot to me:
- LESS IS MORE: I do ot need a lot a clothes,they have to be carefully selected and quality.
- IDENTIFY YOUR OWN STYLE: I do not need to follow trends to look stylish, know what I feel good in is a way more important.
- DRESS TO MY LIFESTYLE: have several capsule wardrobes according to the daily activities and spend the most on, which I am doing the most.
- KNOW YOUR COLORS: select a few, which fits to your own personality, you can not look good in everything.
- ACCESSORIES: having a great bag or jellews can elevate your style.
- TAILOR: fit your clothes.
So I have started to write my closet inventory and I figure out a few things so far:
- I hate polyester close to my skin, so I want to get ride off any polyester tops and dresses.
- My favourite materials are the naturals like silk, linen or wool, but I also love viscose.
- Oversized cut is cheap looking, do not really flatters me, so I will get ride of most of them.
- I need to invest in silk scarves, fine jewels and quality leather bags
- I would love to declutter most of my fast fashion items as I can not make a use of.
- Upgrading my wardrobe will take a long time so I have to be patient and do not get into the fast fashion trap again.
- Secondhand is pretty cool, I can find gems on Facebook market place and Vestiaire for a fraction of price.
I might need to start from scratch….
My closet inventory is coming soon…