I have not written for a while due to some personal issues, but it does not mean that I did not write anyting for you:
After a plenty of time and work of planning, designing, I am glad to say that my Budgeting pdf with a helpful excelsheet is out!
Have you ever thinking about where all you money goes? If yes, do not forget to read and share my short guide to personal budgeting. Let’s achive a more conscious life together.
Free download available on my homepage. Yes, youdo not need to subscribe or anything just click here
PS: I am also hardly working on my YouTube, so stay tuned!
I can not belive that 3 months has been already passed… We are in the middle of a lock down like last year, but I am hoping the best for all of us and courage you to be positive (not your PCR) and look ahead, try to appriciate small things, for example I am sitting at our balcony, sun is shinning.
So tomorrow is April, officialy spring so it calls for a home cleaning and organizing challenge! If you work like me, you might not have a whole day for deep cleaning or just it is too much or just you are not in a mood of… this challenge going to work for you. We are going to do by-by day activities, so download it to your mobile and have a look everyday.
Start with your “frames”: windows, doors and do it like a pro from the ceiling to down, then clean your bedrooms and personal area, bathroom, kitchen, living room etc. Take care of your plants and have fun.
I hope everyone is fine. Two months of 2021 has passed so quickly. Recently I have been reading and watching a lot about style. before I have started my low buy journey I was the kind of girl, who had tons of clothing from fast fashion companies and I have to admit shopping was also a kind of fun activity for me. I was guilty of constant purchasing, when it came to clothes or make-up and specially if I had a company.
So since 2019 I have decluttered my wardrobe at least 4 times and in 2020 I have forced myself to buy less by laying down my rules, which worked really well. I learned I need rules, to have a kind of guidance to select, like being Cuelty Free or trying to avoid fast fashion when ever I can.
- I spent some time in my closet and I have started to enjoy the items which I have already own.
- I expreienced the joy of using up something: even a small travel-sized items needs months to use up and it makes me so happy( cosmetics) or use at least 30 times, when it comes to clothing.
- I have learned how to be thankful and greatful for everything which I have in my life.
- By learning about style it made me to realize that those women who I admire becaue of their style they all have a carefully selected and currated wardrobe.
- I have learned how to be patient, that we have to wait and budget for our wants. It is more important to gain experiences, not to be broke just to be able to buy some new clothes.
- Budgeting my expenses was a huge help to understand where my money goes. I became more intential, maybe a bit frugal by knowing where my pennies are going exactly.
- Buying something from my wishlist makes me so happy, excited and greatful.
Yesterday, after two months of no buy, I have tried if I am an intentional shopper or not: I went to some stores: second-hand and also some others, I had a clear vision according to my wishlist and ended up buying nothing. Nothing were matching my expectations and criterias so I left everything. It was a liberator.
This year challenge will be also strict, but I think easier, as I know my goal: to have a great wardrobe without breaking the bank.
So I have to prioritize certain items on my wishlist and budget for them! I only tend to add 10 new items to my wardrobe this year, which including clothes, shoes and accessories. I allow myself to buy the same amount: 10 beauties and one item per month AKA my sparkle joy item of the month, which can be a book, a notebook, a pen, an electricity or a new hair/skin care item. I wish to write only 2 hauls this year: in June and December.
I also want to create my wardrobe inventory, which is in process, so it will be available from March.
Updates on my promises: my budgeting sheets will be available from the 15th March, 2021.
As for the YouTube channel I will be honest I am not satisfied with the voice quality so I try to figure out something… as I wish to have this serie a bit more interactive.
Comment below if you on with me:).
I have not posted for a while, now I am here to explain why…
The short answer is I was sick and also I was thinking and learning a lot in the past month.
Yeah, I have got Covid, so I was weak as can not walking more than 20 minutes despite the fact that I was regulary trained before of it. I am still not feeling tastes and smells so well, but I am really greatful for my body to be able to cure it.
I feel myself motivated more than ever.
So what are the news:
- I am nearly finished my budgeting sheet, so it will be available to download in March.
- I am also started to work on my wardrobe program, which I am going to share in a few weeks too.
- I am going to start YouTube, to have better content for you.
- I have establisted my newsletter, which I promise I will only send ones in a month. So if you interested join below.
- I hope you are interested in my Better style from less project.
I hope you all had nice holidays. I do not want to say “Thanks God 2020 is over” as I know 2021 will not be easy too, specially the upcoming 3 months. I do not want to be in the competition of who’s year was harder as 2020 was so hard for all of us in different manners. I rather wish to write down what I have learnt of this year:
- Health is the number 1 priority! You have to take care of that, otherwise you cannot live a life you wish. In 2020, I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance, so I have to take a serious diet forever. I am so proud of my result, as I took the diet and the exercises so gravely that after being on a 160g CH diet, my results dramatically improved so I do not need to take any medicines only keeping this lifestyle with vitamins.
- Life matters! I know tons of healthcare workers fight against Covid around the World and they are real heroes. I am so thankful for them.
- Money matters! I had the unsavoury opportunity to experience the life with a lot less money, it is depressing and sucks. Even thought my budgeting, which I am enjoying so much, I would see a much higher savings account, which would give us less worrying. I am still thanks for to have an underpaid job, because at least I have some income.
- Less is more! It is reflecting to my low buy year, which I am so proud of becoming a better consumer. I have learnt what is spark of joy, who I can live with less and better quality items and I can afford much things (from less money) which I have just dreamt of.
- Lifetime learning! I am so thankful, that finally I had the time to learn something new: the tour guide school, my low buy journey were all great experiences and now I want to know even more.
I am so thankful to had the opportunity for a great summer holiday in 2020.
What are my plans for 2021?
- Keeping my heathy lifestyle and focusing on things that are matters.
- I know I do have to change my career to be able to get paid better: I might start some freelancer projects or get another job- I do like my current one, but it does not pay me well at the moment and it is nether challenging for me, due to the pandemic I cannot even see the opportunities for manager jobs inside the company:(.
- Study something new.
- Go on a holiday.
- Continue budgeting and simplifying my lifestyle would be really great.
Well the rests are let me kept in secret. In my next post I am going to introduce my 2021 closet challenge, which I hope you will enjoy.
2020 is a hard year for everyone, but thanksfully we all have Chrsitmas even in the middle of the pandemic. I think if you can be with your family than you are totally lucky. Here in Hungary maximum 10 people can get together, so me and my husband have decided to celebrate the Christmas Eve with my parents and with my brother and of course the cats. On Christmas day my sister and her boyfriend joined. We went seperately to see the grandparents for like a snacks.
I am writing these earlier than they actually receiving the presents, but I am going post it on on Christmas Eve. So what we will gifting?
- Grandparents: calendar (not pictured), rafaello and coffee
- My parents: calendar and a sous-vide machine (neither of them pictured)
- My sister and her boyfriend: Pandora charm, Uno card and a book
- My brother and his girlfriend: T-shirt, Tie Fighter model, sented candle and the wipes holder (rabit one)
- My mother-in-law: purse and a book (also for her birthday)
- My husband: Monopoly, Airpods (he is using it for a month, so there were no possibility to wrap it)
We had a so relaxed Christmas Eve with so great dishes as we have totally lost in the fun and the games, so unlikely in Hungary we have left the gifts opening for Christmas Day. We even took a little walk (6km) before dinner.
What I have received for Christmas?
A Kanken bag pack, a burgundy-grey scarf (so soft), a calendar (I hope there will be more appointments to write than this year), a body lotion- shower gel- sheet mask set, a T-shirt and a new iPhone (you might realized it from my last post).
How was your Christmas?
My hardest budgeting month of the year
I can not believe that it is my 10th low buy haul (9th if we do not count my no buy September), so I was back to the track and had some nice things, but first let me write about my budgeting.
If you remember, I have written that 25% of your income should covers your fixed costs. To cut a long story short. Even that I am working full time, this month it was impossible due to our reduced salary since March, but I was still able to save and fit my expenses. Of course I am looking for a job quite a while…
Annoncement: I am working on my budgeting sheets, which will be launched soon and will be free and downloadable on my homepage, so stay turned! I am working on to improve the site too.
So about the haul: I have purchased so many drug store things as we were run out of a lot of cleaning and toiletries. I have ordered to heap up a bit of shower gels etc. as we had some sales going on, so in long term it will be better.
The Ordinary items were finally back in stock so I have repurchased my holy grails: 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. Some of them was empty, but they still had some items out of stock… and I did not wanted to get a 60 ml package too.
Wardrobe improvement: I have purchased a dream thing: Silk Shirt from Mango with a 20% off coupon so it was a great deal. Okay you can say: why it is fast fashion, well it is from their Selection, which is a more premium line with mulberry silk and I have already worn it a handful of time and I do not have money for a more expensive one at the moment, but I think it will last me for years as I usually give a good care of my items.
in Off White
Soft and shiny, silk is one of the most valuable naural fibres on the planet.
And I have taken my Chelsea boots to a cobbler, he repaired it nicely, so I hope it will last me at least till January. I have that boots for 5-6 years and it was the first time since I had to ask someone to repair them. It was not cheap as you can buy a faux leather pair from the price of the repairment, bt I am so proud of myself not makeing any other purchases.
Finally, I have bought a T-shirt and a shirt for my hubby from a local brand, Heavytools.
How was your October? Andddd…. the annual November 100 items decluttering is coming…
Low buy #10Tweet
This is going to be a special style post of AW 20-21. I know most of you stay at home, but some of you need to go to work every day and the best and most conscious way to go to work in a city: take a ride on your bike.
I often receive the excuse it is 10 degree(50F), it is too cold, it is raining or asking how you can be cycling in these shoes or skirt? Believe me, only snowing and frosting when you cannot use a regular bike (yeah there are certain which you can), just your bicycle is equipment well or your clothes are inappropriate.
Step 1– bike: beside the general lights and prism, which you always have on, right? You will need a raincoat, helmet and might be a chain guard. Of course be slower as the breaks stopping distance is longer. Use a trench coat, a leather coat or a warmer coat to be stylish, but always keep a raincoat with you. The raincoat should be longer to cover your clothes and bags, but in a small package to be carriable.
Step 2– bags: you do not need to be sporty if you work in an office: use leather cross bodies or bag packs, but if you have a storage basket on your bike just any bags work.
Step 3– shoes: mainly I would say it should be flat, occasionally can be high heels, but any stabile heeled boots can work. I would suggest Chelsea or riding boots or an oxford, ballerina, loafer flats or a great sneaker.
Step 4- clothes: it should be warm enough, but not as warm to perspire.
- trousers and jeans: skinny, slim or mom jeans are fine, but palazzo and flare style will only work if you take the ends into your shoe or socks, which can be unflattering
- Skirts and dresses: the most comfortable are the A-line miniskirts, but any mini will work, just cover it with a longer coat. For midis stay to A-line ones, over the knee pencil skirts are not working at all.
- Upper you can wear just whatever you would, but turtle necks are the greatest.
- Accessories: scarves are really stylish, but you can leave your mask on with your turtle neck too. If you need to ride early or late you will need a pair of gloves and might be a cashmere headband under your helmet.
So ladies protect yourself from the masses and ride your bike stylishly.
*pictures from Pinterest
So there was a really great initiative in this month by Oxfam’s Second Hand September:
I can truly agree their aims and commitment; however, I did not participate as I was decided to do a no buy September in my low buy year at the very beginning of 2020 so I wanted to keep my process going as it planned. I also think that the best second-hands are the ones which you already have in your wardrobe, so I decided to switch my autumn pieces on the 18th September and tried on everything, decluttered a bit, took the good ones to the charity shop. I think I can say I have shopped the rest of my wardrobe, which was so much fun: paired summer clothes with jackets, but suddenly the weather changed…
The biggest challenge was the wedding, which we were invited: I was so fed up with tights and also it was too cold to on repeat my navy dress without it and I did not want to change clothes too (I was not the bride, nor the bridesmaid so I felt impropriate to change), so I borrowed a jumpsuit from my sister. Story wise it was the first wedding, which we were invited since the pandemic, it was so strange wearing mask while dancing and the events spun faster as all had to finish by 11:00 PM.
Still without any “extra” spending, I was just hardly come out of my salary due to my budget system as I had to spend quite a lot of health exams. Yes, even if we have a state health care system it does not covers a lot… I will do update on it when I feel ready to share.
I was figured out to update my wishlist which you will always find on my main page as well. I have just started to improve my blog, so really hope that you will enjoy it more.